Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flowers and Shoes-What Could be Better?

I love flowers. I also love shoes. So imagine my delight upon seeing the amazing Flower Shoes on the Milan runways!

*Sky-high stilettos made of lucite and imbedded with flowers!

*Audrey Hepburn-esque ballet flats adorned with bold blossoms!


*Thigh-high boots dripping with suede blooms!

Fascinating. Scintillating. Mesmerizing.

What is it about shoes that fascinates some of us? Consider your list of women friends (and perhaps even some of the men!). Surely among that group you can point to at least one who could be called a Shoe Fanatic.

I've no doubt that you've been out shopping at some time in your life, not even thinking about shoes, when a fabulous pair presents itself; suddenly, you MUST have them! And you of course will always remember 'the pair that got away', or the shoes you wore when something special happened to you.

Remember the scene in an episode of Sex and the City, where Carrie spots the newest pair of Manolo's in the window and wistfully sighs..."Hello, lu-vah!!”?

I am one of those unfortunates that wears a size 5. So, shoe-shopping to me becomes an exercise in futility. "No, I'm sorry, those start at size 6" is a mantra I hear in my sleep. So, when I DO find a pair that fits, I buy them, whether I 'need' them or not! My dream house would contain a room built solely (no pun intended) to hold shoes. My favorite website? www.zappos.com!

I once received a birthday card that read: They say you can tell a woman's age by the number of shoes she has. (Inside): Happy 156th Birthday. Ouch.

Now, if we could find a way to combine flowers, shoes and chocolate.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Reminded me of the wonderfully fun shoes in "Marie Antoinette"!